In the springtime is when the real estate market begins to heat up. This is when Open House signs start to pop up everywhere. Attending an Open House is a great way to see up-close-and-personal how much house you can get for your money without making any commitment to officially start the search. It’s a good way for homebuyers to test the waters and a great way for sellers to attract buyers and woo them with their home.
In order to save time and make your home purchase process more efficient, consider the following tips when browsing Open Houses for Ocean Isle Beach real estate or any others in the surrounding areas.
1. Don’t waste time. Limit your visits to homes that are in the price range you can afford and in the area of town that you want to live in.
2. Ask your questions. If there is an agent on site (and there surely will be) ask them whatever questions you may have. They represent the seller and they know the property well.
3. Attend multiple Open Houses. It will help you decide what you like and don’t like. That way when you find your keeper you’ll know it right away.
4. Days on the market can say a lot about a house. Keep in mind that just because it’s been on the market for quite awhile may not be because it’s overpriced but that a contract might have fallen through.
5. Plan ahead. When you’re attending Open Houses start early in the day. They take time and energy. Only see as many in a day as you have the energy for otherwise it may become a blur.
6. Photographs. Take pictures of any house that stands out as extra special for you that way when you get home you can “walk” through it again on your own time.
If you’re interested in having an Open House or attending Open Houses for listed Ocean Isle Beach real estate just give CB Sloane Realty a call at 910-579-1144 and we’ll assist you.